As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Announcing Music Excellence London
We are delighted to announce that our bid to the London Schools Excellence Legacy Fund to continue our work with Key Stage 3 Music teachers across London has been successful.
Music Excellence London will be a dynamic network of classroom music teachers, music hubs, cultural organisations and others that will support excellent musical teaching and learning at KS3 in London schools. It brings together the Peer to Peer and Teach Through Music LSEF programmes, creating a single London-wide offer that will include an open access online resource, active social media community, webinars, peer to peer support, networking meetings, and events.
The LSEF funding allows us to offer support for music teachers both online and in person. Our online offer will include webinars, an open resource bank and an active social media community. In the physical world, we will offer a range of events and networking meetings. Music Excellence London will tackle the isolation often faced by classroom music teachers. Our goal is to make it easier for music teachers to communicate with each other so that they can drive their own professional development. We will create resources that pool information about continuing professional development (CPD) and a range of cultural learning opportunities.
From April 2016 until August 2017, we will be delivering an events programme that addresses the burning issues for KS3 Music; issues identified by the same teachers who will be attending.
Music Excellence London is funded by the Greater London Authority and is a partnership between Sound Connections, Music Mark, Barbican Guildhall, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, and the University of Greenwich.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- RT @MusicExLondon "Still time to sign up to @ISM_trust today's hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley… https://t.co/wlQmAPhwSC,
- A great opp for #earlyyears practitioners - musical or not- to learn more about child initiated music making… https://t.co/E2EGLOwOPP,
- .@MusicExLondon #TeachMeet @listermusicdept, 4 May 2017. #KS3 music teachers - sign up to FREE webinar tomorrow too… https://t.co/nS7uuUlHwy,
- Proud to be a member of a great organisation like @LondonYouth who share our core values. Check out their website:… https://t.co/I0PvgMdWce,
- Do you work in #earlyyears? Join us + #LEYMN member/animateur John Webb @KintorewayNS for this child-led masterclas… https://t.co/DwVmtuaHgH,
- This #bankholiday - join #CCMN members @Every1sCtree for a wonderful of music, arts, workshops, food and more… https://t.co/RCRkNuFviJ,
- Delighted to be welcoming the newest member of the @SConnections team today - Great to have you on board… https://t.co/a3i1WUAFPv,
- RT @MusicExLondon "Sign up to @ISM_trust hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley https://t.co/KLU5XDvDzj …" https://t.co/e88PPxqs74,
- Brand new Early Childhood Music course, validated by @TrinityC_L and led by fantastic #earlyyears #musiced educator… https://t.co/s4SirC7QOd,
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,