As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Announcing Would Like To Meet… Summer 2016
Summer 2016 has come around quick! During the first half of the year four new Innovate projects and six new LEYMN Apprentices have been welcomed to the fold, we’ve kicked off almost too many Youth Voice projects to count, and we launched this year’s Challenging Circumstances Conference. Sound Connections welcomes you to celebrate with us at our summer Would Like To Meet… networking event.
On Wednesday 20 July 2016 we’ll be taking over Omnibus in Clapham – one of London’s newest and most exciting arts centres. Join us from 6.00pm to make some new connections, spark collaborations and catch-up with old friends and colleagues – over a glass of wine of course! But be quick – tickets sell out faster than you can say ‘music education’…
Does the thought of attending a networking event fill you with dread? Worry not! Sound Connections have put together some handy networking top tips to guide and encourage you through the networking process.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,