As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Applications open for Sound Connections’ Early Years Apprentice Programme 2017-18
We are proud to announce that the 2017-18 Sound Connections Early Years Apprentice Programme is now open for applications.
“I have had a busy time on my placement, workshops, assisting some of the teachers and my mentor is putting me forward to run some music groups – so the apprenticeship has already delivered everything that I hoped it would and we are only a few months in.” (Sound Connections Early Years Apprentice 2016-17)
Are you a passionate advocate for music in early childhood? Are you a music leader looking to develop your skills and confidence? Or an early years practitioner looking to embed musical learning into your setting? Then the Sound Connections Early Years Apprentice Programme is for you!
As part of LEYMN’s (London Early Years Music Network) commitment to providing high-quality professional development opportunities, this unique one-year programme offers training in all areas of early years music, shadowing and observation of some of the sector’s best practice and mentoring that will support you in your development of skills, experience and confidence as early years music practitioners.
To apply, please send through a cover letter describing how you meet the criteria, why you want to be an Apprentice and how you see it supporting your professional development, along with your CV, by Wednesday 17 May 2017 – 5.00pm. Please send through your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the programme and for further details about the application process, please download the brief below:
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,