As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
PRSF Award: Roshi Nasehi
We’re delighted to announce that Sound Connections has been awarded PRS for Music Foundation funding for our work with Associate Artist Roshi Nasehi through the Women Make Music strand.
Roshi is an expert member of our Challenging Circumstances Music Network and is currently working with us to deliver Get Connected, a cross-borough programme connecting young people in London’s outer borough ‘cold spots’ through voice, percussion and technology. She is working with fellow network members Gawain Hewitt and Jim Cartright. The team is working with hard-to-reach young people in Bromley, Hounslow and Redbridge. The three groups will be brought together for an celebration sharing event at Roundhouse in July.
Roshi is a Welsh-born singer-composer of Iranian heritage, whose music has received praise from the likes of BBC Radio 3, 6 Music and Mixmag. She is a visiting tutor at Goldsmiths and has worked with organisations including BBC Symphony Orchestra, Kith and Kids and Cherry Trees Special School.
Her latest artistic project is a British Council and Sound+Music commission to present a participatory sound art work in Kuwait which aims to enhance local appreciation and engagement of the arts. Find out more here.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,