As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
BitterSuite Masterclass – ‘When Synaesthesia Meets Education’
Join us on Thursday 8 January for a very special full-day masterclass, led by synaesthesia-inspired expert practitioners BitterSuite.
Steph Singer, creator of BitterSuite, will lead participants to challenge the existing definitions and models of community music projects by exploring and playing with multi-sensory and synaesthetic ways of running workshops.
Working collaboratively participants will test out, critique and develop the creative ideas from BitterSuite’s multi-sensory community work in music. The session will invite participants to get stuck into concepts like synaesthesia and graphic notation, considering how melody smells, tonality looks, rhythm feels and pitch tastes.
As a group, participants will play with these concepts and discover new ideas and ways of working.
This session is the first in a series of unique masterclasses, led by experts in the fields of music in challenging circumstances and early years music, and members of both the London Early Years Music Network (LEYMN) and the Challenging Circumstances Network. Details of upcoming masterclasses are to be announced soon, so watch this space!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,