As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Music, Creativity and Innovation in Challenging Settings – in partnership with Ableton
We are finalising the programme for this year’s Challenging Circumstances Network Conference, ‘Music, creativity and innovation in challenging settings’. We are delighted to announce that this year’s conference will be hosted in partnership with leading music software company, Ableton.
This conference will bring together a broad spectrum of practitioners, music professionals and entrepreneurs and the programme will run as follows:
09:45 – Registration and refreshments
10:15 – Welcome and keynote speech: Nesta Programme Manager, educator and author, Oliver Quinlan
11:00 – Break-out 1: A session on a project from SERIOUS on Music in PRU’s – Gawain Hewitt and Chris Sharkey
Break-out 2: Live demonstration from Joel Cahen for one of Sound Connections’ ‘Innovate’ projects, Liquid Vibrations
11:45 – Break & refreshments
13:00 – Lunch
14:00 – Break-out 1: ‘Accessible Music Technology’ – Gary Day, Drake Music
Break-out 2: ‘Ableton Live in the classroom’
14:45 – Panel discussion with audience Q&A followed by networking time
Gawain Hewitt (Chair)
Andrea Spain – Animate Orchestra, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
James Thomas – Head of Music Service, Hackney Learning Trust
15:30 – Networking during which Ableton will be available to demo Live and Push
16:00 – Close
The event will take place in the beautiful Toynbee Hall on Wednesday 19 November, and booking is open now – this is an unmissable event in the Sound Connections calendar, so make sure you secure your place soon.
Generous group bookings and student discounts are available – along with discounts for CC Network and LEYMN members. For enquiries, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the Sound Connections team.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,