As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Composing in the Classroom: a Music Excellence London webinar delivered by the ISM Trust
Tuesday 20 September 2016
Music Excellence London (MEL) is a dynamic network of classroom music teachers, music education hubs, cultural organisations, and the wider music education community which supports excellent musical teaching and learning at Key Stage 3 in London schools. Along with a programme of TeachMeets and Inspire Events (one-off full-day conferences), MEL will deliver a series of webinars in partnership with the ISM Trust.
The first webinar of the series will be brought to you by Philip Cashian, Head of Composition at the Royal Academy of Music, and Steven Berryman, MEL Teacher Advocate and Director of Music at the City of London School for Girls. This free webinar will explore how to cultivate authentic composing in the classroom working backwards from what composers do professionally through A-level, GCSE then KS3. The work of living composers will be discussed as a stimulus for creative work.
To join the MEL network and be the first to hear about upcoming webinars, events, and offers from cultural partners from across London, click here >
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,