As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Early Years DNA Sessions Announced
Sound Connections has provided hundreds of music leaders with one-to-one bespoke advice through our Development Needs Analysis (DNA) sessions. We are now offering this opportunity to discuss your professional development ideas and aspirations with an early years focus.
Linda Bance from our London Early Years Music Network (LEYMN) will hold a day of Early Years DNAs on October 9th 2014.
Linda Bance is renowned nationally and internationally for her work promoting music as an essential a part of young children’s development and wellbeing. Her career path has allowed her to lead projects within Children Centres, music services and professional orchestras in addition to lecturing and presenting on the subject. Linda is co-author of the successful early years music book ‘Voiceplay’ and has recently published her new book ‘Music for Early Learning’. Linda is music education consultant for the BAFTA winning original series of CBeebies Zingzillas. She is a member of MERYC EU (Music Education Research of Young Children) and her post as co-chair of primary focus group for NAME (National Association of Music Educators) allowed her to support specialists and non-specialists in highlighting the important work of encouraging families to participate in music making activities with families and babies and young children. Through-out her career Linda has been keen to help musicians and early years practitioners recognise their strengths in the arts and develop these as part of their career path.
DNA is a tailored advice and guidance service. You will have the opportunity to discuss your professional development ideas and aspirations with a specially trained advisor on a confidential, one-to-one basis. By the end of the session you will have set out realistic short and long-term goals, and will have a clear idea of your professional next steps.
Once you’ve completed your booking, you will be sent a questionnaire to complete which will provide Linda with a perspective she can research to help shape your session.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,