As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
EFDSS online survey – towards a national youth folk music ensemble
The English Folk Dance and Song Society is embarking upon the development of a national youth folk music ensemble.With young people at the heart of the programme, the ensemble will be an opportunity to build on the work of existing folk groups from across the country and collaborate with organisations to create a national collective of talented young folk musicians. You can find more information about their plans here.
To help with planning and development for the new ensemble, and associated engagement programme, Sound Connections has been supporting EFDSS in their audit of youth folk music provision across England by compiling a survey to gather detailed information on existing models of youth folk activities.
Please take part in the online survey to tell EFDSS about any youth folk music activities you run outside of the school curriculum in England. These might include groups, ensembles, bands, courses and projects.
The survey is now live and will close on 20 March 2015. A report summarising findings from the survey will be freely available from the EFDSS website in May 2015.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- RT @MusicExLondon "Still time to sign up to @ISM_trust today's hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley… https://t.co/wlQmAPhwSC,
- A great opp for #earlyyears practitioners - musical or not- to learn more about child initiated music making… https://t.co/E2EGLOwOPP,
- .@MusicExLondon #TeachMeet @listermusicdept, 4 May 2017. #KS3 music teachers - sign up to FREE webinar tomorrow too… https://t.co/nS7uuUlHwy,
- Proud to be a member of a great organisation like @LondonYouth who share our core values. Check out their website:… https://t.co/I0PvgMdWce,
- Do you work in #earlyyears? Join us + #LEYMN member/animateur John Webb @KintorewayNS for this child-led masterclas… https://t.co/DwVmtuaHgH,
- This #bankholiday - join #CCMN members @Every1sCtree for a wonderful of music, arts, workshops, food and more… https://t.co/RCRkNuFviJ,
- Delighted to be welcoming the newest member of the @SConnections team today - Great to have you on board… https://t.co/a3i1WUAFPv,
- RT @MusicExLondon "Sign up to @ISM_trust hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley https://t.co/KLU5XDvDzj …" https://t.co/e88PPxqs74,
- Brand new Early Childhood Music course, validated by @TrinityC_L and led by fantastic #earlyyears #musiced educator… https://t.co/s4SirC7QOd,
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,