As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Endorse the Wired4Music Manifesto!
We are proud to officially launch the Wired4Music Manifesto, a campaign spearheaded by members of Wired4Music, our music council for young Londoners. This groundbreaking campaign brings young people’s voices to the heart of discussions about the future of music in London. To date, the manifesto has received high profile endorsements from our major strategic partners the Greater London Authority (GLA) Culture Team, A New Direction, Roundhouse, Rich Mix, ELAM and Partnership for Young London.
This is only the beginning. We want to start conversations between young people and big decision-makers. We believe that together we can create real change.
It is crucial that organisations, practitioners and young people sign up and endorse the manifesto. If you are working with young people who want to get their voices heard, then please get in touch to discuss how you can get involved!
Young people (16-25) can sign up here: http://www.wired4music.co.uk/manifesto
If you’re over 25 or work for an organisation, you can endorse the campaign here: http://www.sound-connections.org.uk/what-we-do/music-programmes/wired4music
We want to hear your responses. Join the conversation on Twitter (@wired4music) using the #W4MLDN hashtag.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,