As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Evaluation tender for Teach Through Music
Sound Connections is inviting suitable applicants to tender for an evaluation of the Teach Through Music programme.
Teach Through Music is a fully subsidised professional development programme for schools, which aims to establish a centre for excellence in KS3 music teaching in London. Delivered by a partnership of leading music education organisations, Teach Through Music aims to create a ‘community of practice’ drawing on the expertise of teachers, educationalists and cultural organisations, to support Key Stage 3 music. It is part of Music Excellence London, a £650,000 investment in KS3 music by the Department for Education and Mayor of London. It has been funded through the London School’s Excellence Fund.
We are looking for an evaluator or group of evaluators who should have a mix of the following attributes, experience and skills:
- Experience of evaluating arts education activity, preferably music
- Advanced analytic and interpretation skills
- Ability to write concise reports and identify key issues
- Excellent communication skills
This evaluation is offered as a commissioned piece of work. If you are interested in tendering for the evaluation please prepare a written proposal.
Download this pack for full details of the tender and the application process.
Further details on the Teach Through Music programme can be found here.
The deadline for submitting a response is Friday 30 May 2014 at 5.00pm with interviews on Thursday 5 June. Please submit an email of your proposal by the deadline. Selected evaluator(s) will be expected to present their proposal at interview.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- RT @MusicExLondon "Still time to sign up to @ISM_trust today's hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley… https://t.co/wlQmAPhwSC,
- A great opp for #earlyyears practitioners - musical or not- to learn more about child initiated music making… https://t.co/E2EGLOwOPP,
- .@MusicExLondon #TeachMeet @listermusicdept, 4 May 2017. #KS3 music teachers - sign up to FREE webinar tomorrow too… https://t.co/nS7uuUlHwy,
- Proud to be a member of a great organisation like @LondonYouth who share our core values. Check out their website:… https://t.co/I0PvgMdWce,
- Do you work in #earlyyears? Join us + #LEYMN member/animateur John Webb @KintorewayNS for this child-led masterclas… https://t.co/DwVmtuaHgH,
- This #bankholiday - join #CCMN members @Every1sCtree for a wonderful of music, arts, workshops, food and more… https://t.co/RCRkNuFviJ,
- Delighted to be welcoming the newest member of the @SConnections team today - Great to have you on board… https://t.co/a3i1WUAFPv,
- RT @MusicExLondon "Sign up to @ISM_trust hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley https://t.co/KLU5XDvDzj …" https://t.co/e88PPxqs74,
- Brand new Early Childhood Music course, validated by @TrinityC_L and led by fantastic #earlyyears #musiced educator… https://t.co/s4SirC7QOd,
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,