As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Exclusive Competition: win a full day of studio time with CM
We have teamed up with CM on this exclusive offer, bringing Sound Connections members a chance to win free day in the CM music studios with an expert tutor.
If you are a musician or an ambitious music producer this is a great opportunity to learn how to produce or improve your production. CM caters for all levels of music production and offers something for everyone.
On the day you will:
– record live drums with a professional drummer
– learn sampling and re-sampling
– experiment with EQ and effects
– gain hands on experience at your own workstation
This is an exclusive offer to Sound Connections members. You must enter to win by 12th April 2014. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title heading ‘Sound Connections Competition’ and explain why you should win! You must be available on Friday 25th April and able to travel to London at your own expense.
CM is a leading community music organisation, they have been working with young musicians from a variety of backgrounds since 1983. They are now accepting applications for the Creative Music Production & Business Foundation Degree. Click here and find out more >
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,