As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Get Funding Ready for 2016
February 2016 sees the return of Get Funding Ready – a full-day seminar dedicated to the art of raising money. This event brings together Sound Connections, Musicians’ Union, and CM at the Brady Arts & Community Centre in Whitechapel, and is supported by Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy.
Whether you’re new to the art of fundraising and needing to learn some tips to get you started, or whether you’re an experienced arts manager looking to develop a new strategy – this multi-faceted and jam-packed day will offer inspiration, support and inside knowledge…
The day kicks off with a panel represented by Arts Council England, PRS for Music Foundation and Help Musicians UK, each detailing what kinds of funding opportunities they support and provide. You will hear case studies from individuals from across the sector speaking about their own experiences of fundraising for different kinds of activity – including Adem Holness, Wired4Music Assistant who attended last year’s Get Funding Ready event, off the back of which he successfully applied for Arts Council funding for his band, Pocketclub; and Soundcastle, an award-winning Music Social Enterprise.
The afternoon will feature a session from Melissa Wong, Grants and Learning Officer at the National Foundation for Youth Music, who will lead a workshop on taking an outcomes approach – guidance on Youth Music’s outcomes framework. Breakout sessions will feature a range of topics from a more general introduction to funding and forming music cooperatives, to getting funding from corporate sources and alternative approaches to funding and business modelling – there really is something for everyone!
We’re delighted that Maria Turley, Relationship Manager (Music) at Arts Council England, will be giving one-to-one funding surgeries throughout the afternoon session. If you’ve got an idea for a project that needs funding, or not sure about where to start looking for support make sure you book in a session at registration.
We know that funding is an integral part of the day-to-day life of any musician, music leader or music organisation, and this event is designed to explore the funding options that are out there for people at any stage of their career.
As this event is supported by Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy, we are pleased to offer subsidised tickets at only £25.00.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,