As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Get Funding Ready for 2016
After successfully piloting a session on funding in Summer 2014, this one-day seminar on the art of fundraising will take place on Tuesday 23 February 2016 at the Brady Arts Centre, in partnership with the Musicians’ Union and Community Music. The event is supported by Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy, and we are delighted to be able to offer subsided tickets at £25.00 to Sound Connections members.
There’s something for everyone – whether you’re a seasoned fundraiser looking to try an alternative route in business modelling and planning, or if you’re a freelance musician new to the game and looking for some top tips…
- The day kicks off with a panel discussion featuring representatives from a range of funding organisations with an opportunity for you to ask the question you’ve always needed to ask and never had the chance!
- Case studies from previous attendees of Get Funding Ready, organisations and individuals all with different experiences of fundraising lay out how they acheived their goals and pass on advice and tips.
- Melissa Wong, Grants & Learning Officer at the National Foundation for Youth Music, will deliver a presentation on applying their Outcomes Framework to your funding applications in order to provide clear aims and objectives to your prospective bids.
- A series of workshops in the afternoon will take you through a broad range of topics related to funding – you will get to select two to attend.
- We are delighted that Maria Turley, Relationship Manager (Music) at Arts Council England, will be running one-to-one funding surgeries for delegates with a burning question or a specific idea for a project they are seeking funds for.
View the full programme below, and click here to book your ticket now!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,