As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Havering Singing Afternoon: Celebrating Singing in Schools
Sound Connections is delighted to be producing and developing a singing conference for Havering Music School. This unique event, taking place on 1 June 2015, is dedicated to celebrating singing in schools. The day will focus on learning new techniques from practical workshops, a specialist keynote speaker most importantly enjoying precious time to network with others. Alongside developing your own practice, you will get opportunities to identify your singing needs and discuss the next steps and priorities for singing in your schools.
Sue Nicholls will give an inspirational keynote speech and lead ‘Singing at the Heart of the Curriculum’ workshops exploring repertoire to stimulate, enhance and support learning from Early Years to Key Stage 2. Jane Wheeler will give expert advice about leading and engaging vocal groups, warming up healthily and choosing and arranging repertoire in the ‘Leading a Choir’ workshops. There will also be ‘Singing Assemblies’ workshops with Margaret O’Shea and Pippa Wright, introducing new repertoire and ideas to get everyone singing together with confidence and enjoyment at Key Stages 1 and 2. There will be a choice of 3 workshops to attend in both the early afternoon and late afternoon sessions. Early afternoon workshops will be aimed at those who are broadly confident at leading singing and late afternoon workshops for those with less confidence at leading singing.
This FREE event is for all primary schools in Havering, Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham, Thurrock and Essex.
If you would like further information and to book a place then please contact email@example.com.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,