As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Headteachers – we need you!
Are you passionate about the impact that music can have on young people in schools?
Sound Connections and Music Mark are working together to recruit and support a small group of Music Champions who have a proven track record of running a school with high quality music education provision. The Champions will work closely with music education hubs to support school leaders across London with the programme contributing to the Mayor’s London Music Pledge.
We are looking to recruit at least 10 Champions in the first instance, with the programme launching in March 2015. Successful applicants would need to attend an evening induction event in April, date tbc, and be available for up to three meetings/engagements in the Summer Term 2015 as part of the first phase. Applicants need to be currently in post as a headteacher, or within a school senior leadership team, or recently retired. They must demonstrate a proven ability to clearly articulate the value of music education for all children, and to place music education within the ever changing education landscape. This is a voluntary position although travel expenses will be covered.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Friday 13 March and more information can be found here. If you or a colleague are interested in being part of this important new initiative and would like to discuss the programme further then please call Jem Shuttleworth at Music Mark – 0203 747 4616
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,