As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Hubs in the Hub: Roundhouse and Sound Connections in conversation with hubs and partners
Thank you to everyone who came along to the Roundhouse for an engaging evening of maps, discussion and reflection on Wednesday 16th July.
We were joined by hubs, arts organisations and music practitioners, as well as staff from Youth Music and Arts Council for an engaging debate about the future of partnership working in music and culture with children and young people in need across London.
We heard presentations from:
- Corinne Bass, Associate Bridge Programme Manager at Roundhouse on their work in north London including our joint collaboration in Enfield
- Our own Lawrence Becko on our mapping and delivering for the Musical Inclusion programme, as well as our commissioned work across London hubs
- Phil Castang, CEO of Newham Music Trust on why they commissioned Sound Connections to produce the Newham Music Education Strategy.
The group, which also included musicians from our Challenging Circumstances Music Network and representatives from Trinity Laban and NYO, raised important questions about how impact is captured and how culture might respond to future challenges facing the city.
A full briefing with actions for follow-up is coming soon. Watch this space.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,