As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Innovate 2015: projects announcement
In 2009 Sound Connections introduced the Innovate projects to our rostrum of funded opportunities for members. We have now selected our sixth cohort of individuals and organisations to deliver innovative activities and pilot new approaches for working with disadvantaged young Londoners for 2015:
- Two LEYMN members are leading early years projects to explore how music-making sessions can strengthen bonds between parents and the wider community
- The LSO is working with Bexley Music Education Hub to build progression routes with primary school-aged children
- Cardboard Citizens are developing their music offer so that it can be embedded into their work with homeless young people
- London Gay Men’s Chorus are introducing a new youth choir for LGBT young people
Sound Connections will work closely with these project partners over the next year to help them devise their plans and capture their outcomes, so we can share what has been learnt with our members.
The Innovate programme is made possible with our Fund C grant from the National Foundation for Youth Music. We are planning a further two rounds of Innovate projects in coming years, and in order to help members produce future applications, we are in the process of cataloguing and sharing case studies from past projects.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,