As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Innovate Programme 2017 Open
Photo Credit: Groundswell Arts, Innovate 2016
Sound Connections’ Innovate programme exists to develop and support emerging practitioners and small organisations to realise new ideas and approaches to working with children and young people in early years (0-5 years) and/or those facing challenging circumstances. Providing funding, project mentoring and support, Innovate is a unique opportunity to launch or incubate a project idea and aims to provide a space for people to take risk and deliver ground breaking work.
For 2017/2018, we are looking for thoughtful and inspiring applications from individuals and small organisations that demonstrate how £3000 can realise an ambition. Alongside the funding itself we offer the expertise of the Sound Connections team and links to our networks and opportunities. We can signpost you to new connections, advise on areas you feel you need more support and identify ways to raise the profile of you and your activity.
For full requirements and how to apply please download the following documents:
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,