As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Innovate projects announced
Sound Connections is pleased to announce a raft of new Innovate projects it will be supporting over the coming months as part of our Youth Music funded Musical Inclusion programme. These projects will explore innovative musical activities, partnerships or approaches, working with children and young people in challenging circumstances.
With over 60 applications, the process to select the best 10 has not been easy. After much discussion and debate, we have the following projects:
- KimNara Music working with SEN young people in Hackney
- Melanie Jones working with adopted young people and their families in Bromley
- Grand Union Theatre working with a Turkish Community Centre in Enfield
- BitterSuite delivering a Synesthesia project in Croydon
- Phill Hogg working with SEN young people in Brent
- Sarah Fisher working with teenage mums and their babies in Croydon
- Joanne Gibson developing a singing project for schools in Tower Hamlets
- ArtsTrain working with SEN young people in Bromley
With a further two exciting projects being finalised!
We will share more details about the activity and learning as the projects move forward. Keep an eye on the website and e-newsletter for the latest news.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,