As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Inspire Event – London’s cultural offer
As part of the Teach Through Music programme, Sound Connections are holding an all-day event at the Southbank Centre on Monday 2 Feb dedicated to celebrating London’s rich cultural offer, and creating a dialogue between London’s cultural organisations and its schools.
Highlights of the day include:
- A young people’s panel made up of young musicians from Southbank Centre projects, Southwark Music Service Saturday School, and chaired by Adem Holness – a Roundhouse Young Trustee and member of Wired4Music
- ‘Think-ins’ or discussion groups facilitated by the Teach Through Music team, focusing on specific ideas and challenges faced by schools and cultural organisations
- Musical performance from Tomorrow’s Warriors – the unmissable youth jazz orchestra in residency at the Southbank Centre
- A choice of interactive, musical workshops including case study presentations from Teach Through Music Fellows, an exploration of the new London Curriculum, a jazz and blues in the classroom session from Tomorrow’s Warriors’ Nathaniel Facey and more!
- A panel debate featuring representatives from a range of schools and cultural organisations.
Throughout the day, a ‘marketplace of cultural organisations’ will be open for teachers to explore and discover offers relevant specifically to Key Stage 3 from some of Teach Through Music’s many cultural partners.
This Inspire Event is open to all in the wider music education community – not just teachers enrolled on the programme – and is completely free to attend. Half-day tickets are also available for both the morning and the afternoon sessions for those who are unable to attend the full day.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,