As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Inspiring Leadership in KS3 Music
Calling all music teachers!
We value the important role music has in all young people’s development and progression.
That’s why we’ve launched Teach Through Music – a fully subsidised programme of professional development, support and inspiration for KS3 music teachers.
We invite you to join us at a VIP event for school senior leaders, teachers, educators and policy-makers to explore music excellence at KS3.
We are offering 30 London Heads of Music and a member of their school senior leadership team, tickets to attend a VIP reception at The Barbican Centre on the evening of Wednesday 14 May.
The event will include:
- presentations from HMI Mark Philips (Ofsted), Phil Elks (DfE) and Sir Nicholas Kenyon
- complimentary tickets to the programmed London Symphony Orchestra concert
- opportunities to network with school, cultural and music education leaders
- a catered reception
Two complimentary tickets are being offered to each London borough on a first come, first serve basis.
Please RVSP to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the names and job roles of your two attendees, your school, borough and a contact telephone number.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,