As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Investors in People success
Sound Connections has successfully renewed its Investors in People accreditation and is one of very few small organisations to achieve this across the whole of the charitable sector. Investors in People is a management framework which links developing and supporting staff with the vision, aims and objectives of the organisation that they work for. The prestigious accreditation is recognised across the world as a mark of excellence.
Sound Connections first achieved recognition of the standard in 2009 and since then has worked on and improving how all staff are developed and supported, and how they contribute to the success of the organisation. Organisations that demonstrate the Investors in People Standard achieve accreditation through a rigorous and objective assessment process which includes reviewing plans, structures and systems as well as conducting interviews with staff and key stakeholders. An assessor from IiP visited Sound Connections’ office at Rich Mix at the end of March and spent the day talking with staff and reviewing the evidence that was required. As well as achieving the overall accreditation he commented that we had exceeded the minimum requirements in many of the individual aspects of the mark.
We believe that supporting our staff and involving them in every aspect of the organisation is crucial to our development. If you would like Sound Connections help in developing your organisation in a similar way then please do contact Philip Flood to discuss further.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,