As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Islington Roundtable Discussions Launch
Following the recent announcement that Sound Connections has been commissioned to research and create a new music education strategy for Islington, we are pleased to release details of two roundtable discussions as part of the research process. These events are an opportunity for anyone interested in the future of music education in Islington to contribute knowledge, ideas and suggestions in an open forum.
The Islington Music Education Strategy is funded by Islington Council and Dame Alice Owen Foundation in partnership with Arts First.
Monday 22 February, 4.00pm-6.30pm, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson school – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/islington-music-education-strategy-roundtables-tickets-21005080762
Thursday 17 March, 4.00pm-6.30pm, Arts & Media School, Islington – : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/islington-music-education-strategy-roundtables-tickets-21005098816
Both discussions will follow the same structure and topics, so you need only book to attend one of the two dates.
The roundtable discussions are organised and facilitated by Sound Connections. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the new music education strategy for Islington:
Islington is a culturally rich borough with an enviable cultural infrastructure. Nonetheless, ensuring music provision is well-connected and reaches every child and young person regardless of background or circumstance remains a challenge.
To address this challenge, Islington Council and Dame Alice Owen Foundation, in partnership with Arts First and a host of world class providers of music education in Islington, have commissioned Sound Connections to research and create a new strategy for music education in Islington. This is an opportunity to move towards a more joined-up, cohesive and equitable music offer. Islington can become a borough of musical excellence where all children and young people are able to have sustained access to high quality music making opportunities.
If you are a school or education institution; provide music activities, projects or qualifications for children and young people ages 0-25 in any type of setting; or are a young person, parent, carer or resident interested in Islington’s music education offer then you are an important voice and we look forward to hearing from you.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,