As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
LEYMN Conference 2016: Raising the Baton – Programme Announcements
Raising the Baton is our sixth annual London Early Years Music (LEYMN) conference. This year we are returning to the theme at the heart of our work – music. Our community is united through a belief in the power of music in early years development but the opportunity to discuss the repertoire we use and its impact on children is rare.
The conference brings together speakers from different art forms to share their innovations and the impact it has had on their practice, their partnerships and the children taking part.
A multi-sensory world – keynote speaker Max Reinhardt (Musical Director / Composer for Oily Cart Theatre and BBC Radio 4 presenter), will introduce us to his exploration of theatre for babies that engages and inspires all senses.
“We have extensive experience of creating multi-sensory theatre for young children aged 2-6 years. More recently we have begun to create interactive theatre for very young children – developing a theatrical experience that addresses all the senses without relying on verbal language or conventional narrative for its effect. Jumpin’ Beans and Baby Balloon have been created for an audience of children aged 6 months – 2 years and their carers. Featuring wonderful visual effects and original live music, our productions enable our young audiences to physically enter the Oily Cart wonderland where we draw out their ideas to create something magical.”
Unique musical performances – Katherine Morley and Liz Muge will present their action research in this field through musical tours. Katherine and Liz, creators 16 Singers and Hubbub respectively, will share the thinking that started their journeys and how the findings are leading them in exciting new directions.
Recorded music in early childhood – Nicola Burke will share her findings from a year-long research project into the use of recorded music in early childhood settings. She will offer practical ideas that for exploring music listening activities and will create a forum for discussion and generating new ideas around the use of recorded music in early childhood education.
More information about our practical sessions will be shared soon!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,