As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
LEYMN Conference Highlights
We would like to extend a huge thank you to all of our early years delegates and speakers who attended the annual LEYMN Conference last week. ‘Innovating the Wheel’ was a resounding success and it wouldn’t have been possible without the thought-provoking, inspiring and passionate contributions of all who attended.
With a day consisting of case studies, think-in discussions and practical sessions, the conversations were flowing about how we can consistently assess, re-assess and improve our early years music-making with fresh ears and eyes and innovative thinking. It was a day of sharing and discovering resources for continuing our professional development as early years practitioners, both in our practical music-making and in our ethos and pedagogy.
We have created a Storify of the conference which gives an overview of the conversations that took place and highlights of the day. Click here to see more >
See you next year!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,