As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
London Music Champions
This week saw the first meeting of the London Music Champions. Working in partnership with Music Mark, the aim of the programme is to support the improvement of music education provision in London’s schools. The pilot group is made up of Headteachers, both current and recently retired, and Senior Leadership Team members working in London schools.
The meeting, which took place at the 1901 Arts Club, Waterloo, was an opportunity for the Champions to meet each other and find out more about how the programme will develop over the coming months. Colleagues also heard from Henry Vann, Head of External Affairs at ISM, about how to advocate and campaign for the importance of music in schools.
Music Mark and Sound Connections will be working with the Champions over this term to identify schools where they are able to help make a difference in the provision of music for their pupils. We are very grateful to the GLA for supporting this work. If you are a Headteacher or SLT member and would like to find out more information about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,