As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Making the Case for Music in Schools – Teach Through Music Inspire Event
Now more than ever, teachers need to be advocates and champions for music in schools. This is made even more relevant in light of the recent threats to closures of Redbridge and Bromley Music Services, as well as others across the country. Now is the time to unite as educators and creatively promote excellent musical learning to senior leadership, governors, parents and policy makers alike.
This one-day symposium will bring together head teachers, school music teachers and key campaigners to debate and exchange ideas. Best practice will be shared across schools through open discussion and the presentation of case studies. The event will focus on how Music Hubs and cultural organisations can best support teachers to advocate for music in their schools.
Taking the form of seminars, conferences and networking, Inspire Events offer teachers and the wider music education community the chance to come together and share best practice and research around burning issues. Inspire Events offer a platform for provocation, discussion and networking as well as further musical experiences. Open to enrolled teachers and individuals/organisations working in London schools.
For any further information, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Twitter at @TTMLondon.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,