As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Masterclasses – taking your practice to the next level
Sound Connections is always looking at how to meet your professional development needs. We know that many of you are confident and experienced practitioners and so our latest programme of Masterclasses provides the opportunity to enhance your skills by working with nationally recognised experts. These sessions are designed to provide in-depth understanding and the chance to test new skills with support from the workshop leader.
The first two Masterclasses have been programmed with more in the pipeline.
Wednesday 18th March 2015, 10.00am – 3.30pm
This Masterclass offers a fantastic opportunity to work closely for a whole day with one of the UK’s finest young, dynamic choral and orchestral directors Dominic Peckham. All participants will have the wonderful opportunity of conducting throughout the day and receiving feedback and guidance from Dominic.
Early Years Masterclass: ‘What’s That Noise? – Encouraging Child-led Musicality’
Friday 27th February 2015, 9.30am – 3.30pm
This is a specialised and rare hands-on opportunity for early years practitioners to gain a greater awareness and understanding of child-initiated music-making with 3-4 year olds and ways in which it can be encouraged. This training is unique in that it will be set directly within an early years context; the wonderful Kintore Way Chidlren’s Centre, with whom this Masterclass is being held in partnership.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,