As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
‘Music, Creativity and Innovation in Challenging Settings’ – Highlights
Sound Connections would like to extend their thanks to all those who attended the Annual Challenging Circumstances Conference on Wednesday 19th November at Toynbee Hall; ‘Music Creativity and Innovation in Challenging Settings’. It was fantastic to see so many music experts within this field of music making and to hear exciting and innovative ideas being created and conversed about throughout the day.
With break-out sessions from challenging settings specialists such as Liquid Vibrations, Drake Music and SERIOUS, there was a real sense of excitement in hearing about the success and continuation of innovative projects, with a particular emphasis on the use of music technology within these settings. There were live demonstrations throughout the day from our conference partners, Ableton, who gave delegates the opportunity not only to watch presentations of Ableton Live 9 Suite and Ableton Push, but also to try out this software for themselves.
An afternoon panel discussion chaired by Gawain Hewitt raised many interesting points and sparked interesting debates surrounding the theme of innovation and how this idea varies between practitioners and their own practices. Speakers were present from Animate Orchestra, pBone. Ableton and Hackney Learning Trust and each gave insightful information regarding their own practices and how innovation has played a role within their own organisations.
Click here to see highlights of the conference >
We would like to thank all speakers and attendees for making the conference a success and look forward to meeting you all again in 2015!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,