As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Musicians’ Union Guide to Hubs
The Musicians’ Union has produced a Music Education Hub Pack aimed at organisations either leading or involved in the new Hubs.
Diane Widdison, MU Teaching Organiser, says:
“Of the MU’s 30,000 plus members, approximately two thirds work in music education as part of their portfolio careers with many of those working for music services. We are aiming to work closely with the Hubs to ensure that music instrumental teachers and music education in general does not suffer during this transition period.
“This is particularly important given that many local authorities are reducing their contributions to the new Hubs and this, combined with a significant reduction in central government funding is inevitably leading to cuts in specialist music education alongside a diminution of the employment rights of instrumental teachers. The MU will be fighting against any erosion of terms and conditions for dedicated music teachers whose commitment continues to ensure that our young people’s music education continues to be the envy of the world. ”
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,