As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
New LEYMN conference ticket offer
Tickets for the Annual LEYMN Conference are now £85 each. The full programme has been finalised and includes an inspirational key note, case studies, practical sessions, panel discussions and funder surgeries.
This one day conference presents a keynote speaker to challenge our thinking, case studies of new approaches, and practical sessions to reinvigorate our skills and passion.
- Tim Joss from ‘Arts Enterprise with a Social Purpose’ will present our keynote with a conversation exploring the difference between innovation and invention, social franchising and gangsta rap!
- Stuart Whatmore from Tri-Borough Music Education Hub sharing the process of collaborating to create an effective early years music offer to all.
- Zoe Palmer from Spitalfields Music will run a practical session surrounding Spitalfield’s ‘Musical Rumpus’ project
- Professor Adam Ockleford will launch his new ‘Sounds of Intent in the Early Years’ framework.
- Tansy Troy from Wigmore Hall’s Chamber Tots will lead a practical session focusing on improvising with early years.
- Carol Reid from Youth Music will facilitate a ‘Think-In’ about reflective practice and its benefits.
- Julian Knight will chair a panel discussion asking how we ensure legacy in our work.
This is an incredibly exciting CPD opportunity for all early years practitioners not to be missed!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,