As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
New partnership with Lewisham Music Hub
Sound Connections will be working with Lewisham Music Hub over the coming year to launch a new e-newsletter and major networking event.
We will be working together closely to support musicians and teachers across the borough. Anyone who works with young people in Lewisham will be invited to sign up and become part of a diverse network of teachers and practitioners. The regular e-newsletter will go out every three months and will be jam-packed with news, events and training opportunities. The first newsletter is scheduled for publication in January 2014 preceded by a comprehensive promotion and marketing campaign in partnership with Lewisham Music Service.
Alongside the newsletter, Sound Connections will host a major networking event in March 2014 for musicians, teachers, schools and arts organisations who work with young people. This will be an unmissable opportunity to find out more about music making in the borough and meet like minded people, find opportunities to collaborate and develop new work. Sound Connections is also working with the music service to develop a rich online social network in order to support music leaders on an ongoing basis.
Further information on how to sign up will be released shortly.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,