As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
New school year, new training discounts!
Start the new term off with some top-quality professional development, tailored by us to suit your needs as a community music practitioner, classroom music teacher and project manager alike!
Kick-starting our 2015-16 training programme are a wide range of workshops and masterclasses covering a myriad of specialities – from a session jam packed with new repertoire for early years music practitioners, to Taking Off, this year’s Challenging Circumstances Music Network (CCMN) conference at Cecil Sharp House and our sell-out Start Up sessions for those at the beginning of their music leading careers.
“Invaluable opportunity to step back and consider the bigger picture. Great injection of inspiration”
“Worth attending! Although [it] can feel stressful taking time out of office/work [it’s] so important to reflect on why we do what we do/how we can do better” – Last year’s CCMN conference attendees
Until Thursday 1 October, get £10 off any of our half-day training courses! Enter promotional code HalfDayDiscount when booking online.
Until Thursday 1 October, get £15 off any of our full-day training courses! Enter promotional code FullDayDiscount when booking online.
Until Saturday 31 October, get 30% off full-day and half-day tickets to the CCMN conference on Tuesday 17 November at Cecil Sharp House! Enter promotional code CCMNDiscount when booking online.
(N.B. This offer does not apply to Play Date or Start Up.)
Group bookings and student discounts are available for all of our courses and the CCMN conference; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,