As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
New term, new Sound Connections training programme offer
Celebrate the start of the new term by booking onto Sound Connections’ creative and practical training events. Sound Connections offers a range of training opportunities relevant to those working across the music education sector, and we are really excited to be working with fantastic workshop leaders and music practitioners again this year.
Our training activities this Autumn range from a session dedicated to improving your Vocal Health, to a practical workshop on engaging early years and families in challenging circumstances, as well as our regular Start Up sessions for emerging artists looking to find out more about the world of music education. We’re also thrilled to be working in partnership with Wigmore Hall to deliver a full day training event that will explore working with music in Special Needs and Disability, prison and care home settings.
Alongside all of these training events, this year’s Challenging Circumstances Music Network Conference will be on Tuesday 29 November 2016 at Amnesty International House, with a focus on how we can all be catalysts for change and help make equitable provision a reality and not just an aspiration.
**Special new term discount – Book two training events using code X2BOOKING and get 15% off your tickets until Friday 30 September 2016**
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,