As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
New Training Programme Launched
We are very pleased to announce that the new Sound Connections training programme for 2015-16 has arrived with a range of exciting CPD courses and masterclasses.
There is something for everyone, from early years music, leading choirs, primary music teaching, leading music in SEN settings and much more. Our training offers the advantage of being able to learn in small groups and gives an excellent opportunity to meet like-minded colleagues and make new connections for the future. Open new horizons and discover more by booking onto our specialist masterclasses and develop your confidence and skills by attending our practical courses, which offer the opportunity to sing and play music by ear and compose music collaboratively. Our training events are led by the best music trainers and educators in the UK. You can choose from a range of afternoon courses and full day courses, with refreshments and lunch provided as part of the course cost, as well as course materials to take home and explore further.
A further 2 courses are planned for March 2016 and news will follow soon.
With this exciting range of courses to look forward to in the coming year, we’re launching the Summer Term Training Bonanza Sale! Book any course listed on our website before Monday 20th July and get £10 (half day courses) or £15 (full day courses) off! All you have to do is quote the code BONANZA15 as you register online.
You can also book 3 Courses and Get 10% off! Just enter discount code 3xbooking for each course you book.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,