As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Peer Learning Scheme
Last year’s Peer Learning Scheme – a series of one-day work-shadowing placements undertaken by practitioners and hosted by CCMN member organisations – was a huge success, with extremely positive feedback recieved by guest learners and host organisations alike:
“We left the meeting with new ideas and potential avenues that we could pursue alongside practices that we could map onto our current scheme of work.”
“I have no ongoing work with young people currently, but this recent experience will help my prospects in this area.”
As the Scheme proved such a hit, and with demand for one-to-one work-shadowing growing, we are continuing to offer placements on a rolling basis. A review of the Scheme last year lays out the universal benefits of the opportunity – as much for established music managers and directors of organisations as for emerging practitioners looking to get a foot in the door.
If you are interested in applying to be a guest learner on the Peer Learning Scheme, click here to download the application form.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,