As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Re:Wired – youth voice research and resources
A year ago, we had an instinct that there was lots of ‘youth voice’ work happening across the country, but a comprehensive picture of what was actually happening didn’t exist. A year later, after a period of Youth Music-funded research, we have a clearer, more factual picture of music projects that empower young people, provide them space to take the lead, and give opportunities for young people to have a voice. We have discovered inspiring examples of best practice and approaches. We also understand more about the support and guidance organisations are looking for to find new and improved ways to empower young people.
The first phase of findings from Re:Wired is now live online.
On the Re:Wired site you will find highlights from the research survey summary; an interactive national map showing the different types of activity happening in many regions of England; and key reading on the topic of youth voice and leadership.
Over the coming months, further case studies and resources will be added, so watch this space for more tools to help you reflect upon and develop youth voice, leadership and empowerment in your organisation.
As we reflect upon Re:Wired, we’ll also be thinking more about how we might move towards a national youth voice in music.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,