As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Rising Futures 2016
Wired4Music are busy planning towards the fourth annual Rising Futures: Participation Now! event taking on Thursday 17 March in partnership with – and at – the brilliant Roundhouse. The day, which will see organisations and young people from across the country come together, will be include keynote speeches, panel discussions, breakout groups, networking sessions and live music, and this year’s theme is all about making things happen! As well as building on last year’s hugely successful event, where we explored the ideas around building musical communities, this year’s symposium will also tie in with the research and findings from our national ReWired project and the consultancy work we have carried out with a number of Music Education Hubs from across the UK this year.
If you have any questions about the event or are interested in attending with a young person you work with, please drop Jess Loveless a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,