As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Sound Connections seek outstanding candidate to join our Senior Management Team
Job title: Programme Manager
Working hours: Full time (5 days / 36 hours per week)
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per annum
Sound Connections are seeking an outstanding individual to manage our programmes of ground-breaking musical opportunities for children and young people in London, as well as be part of the senior management team.
The successful candidate will lead on our youth voice strand, including Wired4Music, the music council for young Londoners aged 16-25 (www.wired4music.co.uk). The post-holder will also be responsible for developing new business, and supporting our consultancy and research strands. They will also contribute to the overall management, fundraising and development of the organisation. In this varied and exciting role, they will work with a small and dedicated team and support a range of colleagues and freelancers.
You will have significant previous experience of managing education projects, conducting research and winning new business. Highly self-motivated and organised, you will be comfortable working in an office environment and out at projects, meetings and events. You will be highly confident communicating with a diverse range of young people, practitioners, partners and funders. You will demonstrate excellent written skills and an understanding of the possibilities of digital technologies.
The deadline for applications is Friday 26 September 2014 at 5pm. Please download an application pack here.
Interviews will be on Wednesday 8 October 2014, with the possibility of second interviews at a later date.
If you would like a brief conversation about the role, please contact Philip Flood, Director, on 020 7729 7220.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,