As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Sounds of Intent in the Early Years
Sounds of Intent in the Early Years (SoI-EY) explains how young children (aged 0-7) develop musically, shown through a large circular framework. It gives ideas for activities suited to children at different stages of musical development, and provides a simple way of recording their achievements. SoI-EY is fully inclusive and is suitable for all children, irrespective of their abilities and needs.
In June this year Soundabout successfully produced and sent out over 3,000 SoI-EY resource packs, for free, to every Children’s Centre, Music Hub and Local Authority in England. This represented the first stage of a three-year dissemination / music project funded by the National Foundation of Youth Music and Garfield Weston Foundation.
Over the last few years Sound Connections has been supporting Professor Adam Ockelford and his team as they’ve developed the new resource. We are very pleased to have been selected as their London regional partner, our role will be to support the sharing of the new resource and training sessions.
The London regional launch event is being held on January 14th 2016. For more information and to book your free ticket click here.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,