As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Scoping a National Youth Voice within Music
Sound Connections is excited to be launching a new research project this month, focused on spotlighting youth music leadership in England. This research will aim to shine a light on existing models of youth music participation and organisations hosting youth music projects with a view to gaining a greater understanding and awareness of the landscape of young music leadership across the country. We hope to encompass all regions and the full diversity of music organisations working with young people, so that together we can support more young people to experience music in ways that best meet their needs and desires.
We are currently in the process of calling out for organisations who would like to be involved in this research. A survey will be sent out in the first week of February, which will aim to gather information from participants regarding the youth participation work that happens within their organisation. This information will then be used to write an interim report and create an interactive map. We will share this information amongst participants and identify three case studies to explore in detail and showcase. This will culminate in a national summit for all attendees to discuss the potential for a National Youth Music Council.
If you or your organisation would like to contribute towards this research then get in touch.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,