As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Taking Off Conference Updates – Final Programme Complete
The programme for Taking Off, this year’s Challenging Circumstances Music Network Conference, is complete – and we can’t wait to see you there!
We’re delighted that Jim Pinchen from Surrey Music Hub will be delivering a workshop in the afternoon session on ‘International Music Education Exchanges’, alongside workshops from Graham Dowdall; Hermione Jones, Irene Taylor Trust; and John Speyer, Music in Detention.
We’re also really excited to formally announce our panel of ‘Provocateurs’ for the afternoon, with the session being chaired by Matt Griffiths, CEO of Youth Music: Adem Holness, Wired4Music; Amy Haynes, Lister Community School; Jonathan Westrup, Drake Music; Janine Irons, Tomorrow’s Warriors; Gary Spruce, The Open University.
Our 30% off discount with promotional code CCMNDiscount runs until the end of Friday 30 October – don’t miss out on the opportunity to join us for what will be the highlight of our year!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,