As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Taking Off: Sound Connections Challenging Circumstances Music Network Conference 2015
We are delighted to announce that the theme of this year’s Sound Connections Challenging Circumstances Music Network (CCMN) conference will be progression.
Last year we launched our research project Taking Off, and set out to map the progression routes of young musicians in London facing challenging life circumstances. This autumn we invite you to join us and our CCMN members in a day of sharing our findings, celebrating best practice in the field, youth leadership in action, and discovering what we all mean by ‘progression routes’. Prepare to be provoked, encouraged, and called to action.
This is the opportunity of the year to bring together this varied field of practitioners, organisations, research and approaches, to celebrate collaboration and development, create new links and forge new journeys. This event will not only celebrate Taking Off, but will share current work from CCMN members, spotlight some ground-breaking action research that is being delivered, and spark dialogue between people from all corners of the music education community – from participants to policy-makers.
We will shortly be announcing programme details and we look forward to revealing more about the conference very soon. Join the conversation at #CCMN and watch this space for exciting developments!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,