As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Teach Through Music enrolment open until Autumn 2014
Teach Through Music programme enrolment now open!
Shaping the future of KS3 Music in London
Teach Through Music is a year-long, fully subsidised professional development programme for KS3 music teachers in London schools (state and independent), supported by the London Schools Excellence Fund. Led by Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, with a partnership of world-class music education organisations, Teach Through Music sets out to create a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for KS3 music teaching in London. It draws upon the expertise of teachers, the Higher Education community and cultural organisations.
Teach Through Music is designed to complement the busy lives of teachers. It offers choice and flexibility, allowing teachers to select training which best meets their needs, and those of their school.
Enrolment onto the programme has begun. Our 150 places are open on a first-come, first-served basis through the Summer and into early Autumn, and we have already filled two-thirds of places available on the programme with teachers from across London. Click here to download the programme brochure to check your eligibility, then complete the registration form on the home page of our website to begin the enrolment process.
For those not currently teaching KS3 music in school, there is still ample opportunity to get involved: sign up on our website to receive regular news and updates about Teach Through Music and be the first to hear about our upcoming Inspire Events, open to all who work in the music education sector.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,