As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Teach Through Music Final Conference, Friday 10 July
Join Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and our Teach Through Music Cultural Partners for the culmination of our year-long continued professional development (CPD) programme for London’s KS3 Music Teachers. Teachers, head teachers, musicians and music organisations will be sharing learning from a year of networking, training and debate, seeking to overcome the isolation of secondary school music teachers and invest in a community of practice connected to London’s unique cultural resources. The event is open to colleagues across and outside London, and we will be joining forces with Music Mark to reflect upon what can be learnt from the Music Excellence London initiative (including our sister programme Peer to Peer), as well as exploring ideas for the future.
Expect an intensive day of debate and case study presentations arising from our Inspire Events and Short Courses and, of course, music making. A packed schedule includes an inspirational kick off from François Matarasso, Circlesinging with Guillermo Rozenthuler and an insight into the life and work of beatboxer Reeps One. There will be live music throughout the day, opportunities to access Trinity Laban’s world class expertise in musicians’ health and movement, as well as a chill out space to rest and reflect or network with others.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,