As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Teach Through Music Programme Enrolment Launch
We are delighted to announce that this week will see official enrolment open for Teach Through Music, a programme of fully subsidised professional development, support and inspiration for KS3 Music in London from summer 2014 to summer 2015.
Free to all KS3 music teachers in London, Teach Through Music draws on the resources and expertise of current music teachers and leading training and cultural organisations, to support teachers in delivering a dynamic, progressive curriculum of active music making, listening and creativity for all young Londoners.
Our ethos is one that embodies teachers and pupils teaching and learning musically, and being empowered through creative ownership. Teach Through Music is designed to fit around the busy lives of music teachers. It is flexible, allowing each teacher to engage at the right level for them.
KS3 music teachers who enrol will have access to:
- A new exclusive online portal – holding forums, resources, and useful information
- 3 hours of personalised support and guidance from a Teach Through Music Fellow – a KS3 teacher and trained mentor
- Payment towards one day of teaching cover to schools, to support their teachers to attend
- Launch Events – immersive musical experiences with world-class musicians in inspiring venues, introducing the ethos of the programme
- Short courses – providing a forum for in-depth learning, with a focus on facilitating high standards of practical music-making by pupils
- Inspire Events – networking and sharing of effective practice
- Special cultural offer – exclusive ticket offers and access, creative workshops, concerts, and opportunities to collaborate with leading London music organisations
The first of the exclusive Launch Events will take place on Friday 11th July from 2.00pm to 5.00pm at the Barbican Centre. This free event will invite KS3 music teachers to join a dynamic percussion workshop facilitated by Drum Works. The event will also be an opportunity to network, reflect on your practice, and find out more about the programme. KS3 music teachers who enrol on Teach Through Music next week will automatically be invited to attend this event.
We want to support teachers to invest in their leadership skills and subject knowledge, empowering them to discover new answers and approaches that are appropriate to their school. Teach Through Music focuses on making music the dominant language of the classroom and teachers reconnecting with their own musicianship, so they can expect plenty of opportunities to play too.
Teach Through Music is funded through the London Schools Excellence Fund and supported by the Department of Education and the Mayor of London. For more information, visit our website here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow us on Twitter at @TTMLondon.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,