As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
UBS Funding for Hackney Youth Voice
We’re pleased to announce that Sound Connections has been awarded UBS funding to develop a programme of youth voice work in Music Education Hubs and schools in East London during 2015. Young ambassadors from Wired4Music, the young Londoner’s music council hosted by Sound Connections, will co-facilitate discussions with students in six schools across Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham. It will give school students an opportunity to feed into borough-wide conversations about what they want and need from music opportunities in their area. This will form part of a wider consultation with Hackney Music Service, Tower Hamlets Arts and Music Education Service, and Newham Music Trust about youth voice and leadership activity in the three boroughs.
Following on from the Wired4Music Manifesto which celebrates its 1st birthday this spring, the UBS grant award reflects the Manifesto themes of Investment in young people’s voices being heard and Unity, through enabling Wired4Music to reach out to new communities of young people.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,