As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Westminster Education Forum
On Tuesday 9th December, Sound Connections Director Philip Flood and Programme Manager Nicky Dewar attended the Westminster Education Forum at Millbank Tower. This event pulled together education professionals, representatives of parents, learners and local authorities and education sector businesses and their advisors in order to discuss education policies with policy makers in Parliament, Whitehall and government agencies.
Proceedings and discussions were reported upon throughout the event, via the realm of Twitter with use of the tag #WedFEvents and exciting conversations were had surrounding primary music provision, the success of Music Hubs in 2014 and the connecting of projects and networks to create efficient and strategic partnerships.
Sound Connections has created a Storify, documenting Twitter conversations and highlights from the Education Forum as well as a transcript of a speech given by Youth Music’s Executive Director Matt Griffiths, “The Future for Music Education in England”.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,