As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music congratulates one cohort and welcomes the next cohort of young leaders
The Wired4Music Leadership Programme is supported by RBS Inspiring Enterprise and hosted by Sound Connections. Launched in 2013, the programme offers tailored support to ambitious, music-minded young Londoners to fulfil their potential and bring their innovative business ideas to life.
This month we recruited nine young leaders onto the programme with a broad range of ideas; from developing as a vocal coach to creating an album with Wired4Music! We are delighted to have offered places to both existing and brand new Wired4Music members and are looking forward to supporting them to develop their ideas through 1:1s, bursaries and expert guest mentoring.
Our first cohort of eight young leaders successfully completed their Leadership Programmes in November having worked on their projects with Wired staff and guest expert mentors since April 2014. Congratulations to Delicia, Adem, K- Hero –N, Alex, Keiran, Josh, Ackeem and Kaisle. You can find out all about these fantastic young leaders and their various project by clicking here.
“The Leadership Programme has added great value to my development” K- Hero – N
“This programme has not only focused on the project but me as a whole – connecting up the various things that I do. I’ve been able to use being a ‘young person’ to further being an artist.” Adem Holness
“The inspiration and confidence gained from the programme [made me feel] I can make a change. Just knowing that Wired / Sound Connections believed in the idea has empowered me to make a change to other young people” Delicia Edgar
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,